August 05, 2004

Jeeves the Inept


I have long been under the impression that Jeeves could answer any question posed to him. I believed him a bastion of enlightenment, and his website a mecca of knowledge. So at 12:20 this afternoon, when I could no longer restrain the curiosity inspired by my lunch, I sought Jeeves' wisdom. I asked him, respectfully, "Why does a pita sandwhich taste better after being stored in aluminum foil than it does after being stored in tupperware?" He did not answer. Or, if his response could be considered an answer, he did not answer well, and did nothing to merit my reverence. In the eight minutes since, I've been projected into a tailspin of loathing and doubt. Is Jeeves, in fact, a spurious idol, a clever ruse designed to lull the masses into tepid semi-cognisance? Or am I simply unworthy of the wisdom of the sagacious Jeeves? I leave you with these questions as I part in search of some deity who can soothe my restless mind and quell my fitful curiousities.