December 16, 2004

Stripes


Another one of those days. I went to four stores in search of a January student pass, but my search was unsuccessful. I was hectored at the security desk by a man who was displeased with my choice of identification, and again at the elevators by a man who paid little attention to detail. On my way back from Tower B I decided to stop for a slice. In the pizzeria I was hit on by a dangerously charming Lebanese pizza boy, the toppings were very fresh, and my crust was crisp and not at all greasy, just the way I like it. While at the pizzeria, and on my way home, I saw a boy, the same boy, wearing the same striped sweater and the same striped scarf, three times. I was struck by the striped boy, because every time I saw him I had the distinct impression that he was headed in the direction opposite to the direction in which he intended to proceed. I was also told that I use my vocabulary to "dazzle" readers. There are stripes here where there shouldn't be.