June 17, 2005

Taking the High Road



"Perhaps, in many ways, the cookie represents at that is wrong with advanced civilization. People are so enamored with the luxuries afforded to them by their cherished technogolgy that they often forget the deeper joys of life." - koalaMan, The Four Ninja Food Groups

I've been having trouble with the high road this week. Not with taking it, but with my faith in the ability of others to take it. When did the social constructs of karitas, love, community, and friendship go out of style? More importantly... why did they go out of style?

If you have nothing to say in response to that, say something nonetheless. A fun little game that I picked up I-don't-remember-where. What does the dubya in dubya really stand for? Some of my personal favourites include:

  • War criminal

  • Wanker

  • Why the hell am I the president of the United States of America?


Disgust. Discuss.