February 24, 2007

Roundup!

Some days, I feel like the luckiest person in the world. Like, in a past life, I must have donated all of my organs for transplant after suffering fatal injuries while saving a busload of children from near death, my karma is so good. Ha. Tempting the fates, I can see.

I am lucky. Obscenely so. I have happiness, lots of it, and health, and, most importantly, love. So. Much. Love. I love more people than I can count on one hand, and I think that is remarkable. I have a life replete with love. Wow. Who can say that?! Who gets to live this life, to be this happy, to see and do these things? Who gets to be this person?! I do. It's a bloody gift.

it's weird though... i was thinking about all the stff that's going on in the next several weeks

it's kind of like going out with a bang... and now i am starting to get the oh-no-it's-almost-over feeling

what's almost over?

ottawa!

for me i mean

i will be leaving soon, and it's starting to get a bit.. nostalgic?

i here that

i mean, it's not like i'll be far, and i don't think it'll be hard for me to keep in touch with most, but still, i will miss hanging out in the market, and on elgin, and bytowne nights, and the diner, and zack's

and so many, many things

wow

i have really had a great life here

but for me, and this is what i'm posting about on my blog right now actually, home is really about the people

i definitely started to see how true this was of me when i went to hamilton... i've never been there before, but going to visit ciara, it definitely felt like coming home

that's why it feels like home. all of my friends are there. even though my family isn't (which in the past has made it feel like anything but home)... a lot of the people that I care about live in ottawa

but five years later, all the important people are still in my life, so i feel confident that the people i've grown to love in ottawa will stay with me too

they will be in your life, yes.

yup... that's the thing about friendship, it's sort of a lifelong quest... some people stay with you for the long haul, some come and go, but in the end, it's all about the sum of the love you've had
I have comfort, and passion, and desire and contentment. I have all these things, and more. Life is good. Life is brilliant. All I can see is blue sky.