February 02, 2008

A Song in Flight

I was here, and when I wasn't they told me you had gone. You're beautiful to me. I turn my hand, I see a memory. A strand of hair and the light on your cheek. I'm alive, everyday, and you're a beautiful memory. So distant, so far. But the sights and the sound, the air and the feeling, it all stays with me.

I'm amazed, how beautiful you've become. How life continues. How there's so much I don't know about you. So much I haven't shared in. I'll always have those memories, green, golden, white. I'll always see your face, and know that you are happy. If there's anything left I can give, that's all that I would wish for you.

Go on, go happily. Live your life, and let it be as far away from mine as the rivers and roads should take it. Find joy, find love, and tell me nothing of this. I cherish a simple hope that wherever you go, you will go with joy.