January 09, 2009

The Sarah Malik Revival

Note: Just a little something I'm working on, in honour of being newly unburdened.

I'm back, bitches. I know you missed me.

The world has lifted its grey gauze from my eyes. Colours are brighter, they move, they have life. Lines and water move through my mind. Images like images, shot on a film reel. The feeling, the passion, my fingers, they wander.

The world has me shaken, it's loosened, it's cotton, and now I am filled with the sound. The music, it fills me. It comes up to my brain, it crests at my crown. It comes down through my throat and into my heart. It makes my eyes swell, so they live, so they cry.

I can breathe. I remember. I smell the sweet air. I taste the sweet salt and I breathe til I'm bare.

I am released. Thank God, I am relieved. I was in prison. I was imprisoned, and I had commit no crime.

I have freedom. I have love, and am free.