June 09, 2004

They've Monkeyed Up Your Jumpers


So says James, the telephone technician. He had to phone two people from Nathalie's room in order to determine that my jumpers had been monkeyed. One was apparently named Quick, and the other was named Inna. Note: yes, indeed, this did immediately remind me of Inna Pesina, and subsequently Snenena, but we shall discuss Eastern Europeans at a later date. Unfortunately, it is not absolutely certain that my jumpers have been monkeyed, and since Bell Canada and 100 Thomas More are closed for the evening, I am screwed-o, out of phone service until at least tomorrow at 9:00, when my newly reclaimed phone service will not be enjoyed by me, as I will be at work. Note: coincidentally, I also am severely lacking in all things telephonically related at work. After three weeks I still don't have a phone, an office, a computer password, or a waste-paper basket. As I have discovered that Amanda, my cubicle-neighbour, and I share a telephone number, I have been led to believe that we are to share a phone, which I find quite amusing, as the only thing separating myself from Amanda and her (read: "our") phone is, well, a wall. The day was not, however, a total loss. I befriended a rather comical blind frenchman, and I had some rather excellent strawberry mousse. Congratulations Cynthia, and Chelsea, what do you want for dinner?