July 27, 2004

My Job is Very Boring - I am an Office Clerk


Much like Martha and the Muffins, I trifle my days away hoping for some infinity in an isolated paradise.  I don't think I've ever really had my own Echo Beach, though.  Not a real one at any rate.  Curiously, however, I can identify the feeling with great certitude.  It's familiarity, warmth, and respite all at once.  Intensity without tension, excitement without hyperactivity, and fulfillment without desire.  Not having a tangible Echo Beach, though, I feel almost as if I were at home where I had never been before *Note: there may or may not be a comma missing from the preceding clause; it's up to you to decide*.  But is Echo Beach a universal feeling?  There does seem to be a certain super-individual quality to the feeling, but I doubt that every person has the opportunity to experience it.  If every person had an Echo Beach, I doubt that there would be depression, exploitation, or punk rock.  But what do I know?  My eyes keep watching for the sunset at Echo Beach.