February 23, 2006

The "Shut Up, Graham" Trifecta



Note: The "Shut Up, Graham" Trifecta is not actually included in this post, but one day I will needlepoint it, and you will understand.

I've been tagged by Miss April, and so, here goes!

Four jobs I have had:
  • Research Assistant to Dominique Arel, School of Political Studies, University of Ottawa
  • Assistant Co-ordinator, Chair of Ukrainian Studies, University of Ottawa
  • Project Officer, Outreach, Social Development Canada
  • Child Labourer, Park's Variety


Four movies I could watch over and over:
  • I (Heart) Huckabees
  • Monsoon Wedding
  • A Very Long Engagement (or anything directed by Jean-Pierre Jeunet, really)
  • Igby Goes Down


Four books I could read over and over:
  • Jane Urquhart's The Stone Carvers
  • Robert Cormier's The Chocolate Wars
  • Sherri S. Tepper's The Gate to Women's Country
  • Frances Hodgson Burnett's The Secret Garden


Places I have lived:
  • London
  • Ottawa


Four places I have been on vacation:
I've only really been on vacation once, in Chicago, but some of this might count.
  • Pakistan (Islamabad, Lahore, Wazeerabad, Karachi)
  • Chicago
  • MontrĂ©al
  • Toronto


Four websites I visit daily:
Are you kidding me? The only thing I do on a daily basis is brush my teeth! If I did have any sort of regular internet habits, the following would be included therein.

  • Feria Films
  • Environment Canada
  • The Globe and Mail
  • Girls Are Pretty


Four favourite foods:
  • Palaak (Spinach), especially with paneer (a very, very mild, unripened cheese)
  • Samosain
  • Daal Chawal (Lentils and Rice)
  • Spaghetti al Pomodoro


Four favourite non-alcoholic drinks:
  • Water, bitches!
  • Limeade
  • Grape Juice
  • Orange Juice, with pulp


Four favourite musicians:
Yeah, some of them are bands, I know. My favourite music often comes from bands, so you'll just have to accept it.

  • Paul Simon
  • Ella Fitzgerald
  • Coldplay
  • The Kaiser Chiefs


Four places I would like to be right now:
  • The Amazon Rainforest, without the constant conflict and threat of deforestation
  • Roma!
  • Buenos Aires
  • London


Last four books I read:
Thank you, Children's Lit.
  • Louisa May Alcott's Little Women
  • J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan
  • E.B. White's Charlotte's Web
  • C.S. Lewis' The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe


Last four movies I have seen:
  • Proof
  • Shaun of the Dead
  • Elizabethtown
  • Matchpoint


What's on my desk right now:
I'm at my parent's house, but I think what's on my desk at home is far more entertaining, so that's what you're getting!
  • Rubber ducky bubble dispenser (affectionately refered to as "Bubble Duck") from Canada's Wonderland
  • Plastic ostrich figurine from Chels
  • Popple's Mug that I've had since infancy, containing an assortment of pens, highlighters, scissors, etc, as well as several floppy pencils from Ruth
  • Painted tile from Cuba, via Emily
  • Bowie, the cat, most likely
  • A whole lot of stationery and documents for work and school
  • A stack of books that I haven't read and don't really want to, beneath a glass vase, containing a pink silk scarf, unless I put the scarf away, in which case, just a glass vase
  • Several photos of friends and family from London
  • Assorted computer equipment
  • A CD containing footage from Darfur, which I've never watched
  • An "Out, Out, Damned Spot!" eraser, which Chels brought back from a trip to Stratford


Tagging: Chelsea, Ciara, Ben (who I don't think reads here, but what the hell)