April 21, 2004

(((Doing)))


I have not written in a few days because, frankly, I have not had anything of interest to write about. However, something occurred to me just a few moments ago, and I thought that I would, in my own rambling and incoherent way, share it with you. Among many of my friends, the term booyeah has caught on in recent years. I am fairly certain that I know the general cause of this recent addition to our vernacular. My concern, however, lies in the particular pronunciation that my friends have adopted. At my earliest exposure to the term, I was under the impression that it was to be pronounced boo-YA. My friends, however, have adopted a very particular boo-YEAH pronunciation. Where, then, did I find this curiously unique pronunciation? Normally I adopt mannerisms and expressions through mimicry, but I have not adapted to the booyeah norm. Peculiar.