April 08, 2005

Wriggles and Snaps


I am excited. Very excited. And disappointed all the same. I do not know what to make of myself at present, and I spend far too much time trying to decide what to make of myself in the past and future. After a string of frustrating meetings and slow days, I found myself lapsing into the same stewing and muttering behaviours that I find so unhealthy in my mother. As per usual, I take for granted all the wonderful little things around me. Friends that care for me, and make it very clear. A future full of so much excitement and opportunity that I might collapse under the weight of it all, rolling with laughter as it topples over. Commitment to a cause that I know helps people in exactly the way I think I should help people. Direction, however broad and meandering, towards a goal that really does seem bright. So today, instead of complaining and going on, I'm going to do something that I do both rarely and not nearly often enough. Thank you. Thank you Chelsea. Thank you Kristin. Thank you Sofie. Thank you Andrea and Ciara. Thank you Raja and Jenn. Thank you Katherine. Thank you Ky and Kari. Thank you Jennifer. Thank you Asim. Thank you Emily. Thank you Jason. Thank you Andy. Thank you Aveleigh and Dmitry. Thank you Kate. Thank you Nicola and Deb. Thank you Tim. Thank you Tim. Thank you Aaron. Thank you Laura. Thank you Melissa. Thank you Penny. Thank you Leslie. Thank you Shirl. Thank you for all the happy moments you have given me, and for all the hope you give me for the future.

"But trust me... on the sunscreen." - Mary Schmich