January 19, 2004

Being disappointed with something implies that there was some kind of expectation though, doesn't it?

I don't think aging necessarily equates with cynicism. I feel like I'm becoming more and more powerful and fulfilled every year, and the positive potential of external reality is always there, just being tricky and elusive sometimes. Which is necessary- otherwise it wouldn't be any fun.
Maybe I'm just incredibly lucky and a little ignorant. Oxygen seems to stimulate the release of endorphins in my system sometimes. And I'm impressed whenever I see the law of gravity still holding. External reality is comforting that way, and never really disappoints me. If I toss my nerf ball into the air, it'll fall back down. If I bite it, it'll taste like nerf. If I study my ass off for a test, I'll do better than if I didn't study.
Simple rules to live by. Study hard and eat nerf.