January 16, 2004

So, I'm not sure if this is anywhere along the same lines as your thoughts Sarah... but I was thinking about something the other day... lets see if I can actually get across what I mean...: regarding when external reality ceases to have any positive potential... I'm not sure, but maybe it's just something like expectations become greater as one ages. Like when you're little, the simplest jokes are funny, hilarious, but when you're older, they aren't anymore because you've already heard it so many times that it's lost effect. Maybe it's the same with a lot of things. Normal responses to everyday events aren't good enough anymore, they've lost their positive response. It has to be something extraordinary, or else it's just seen as common, or insignificant. You know what I mean?