January 12, 2004

Ha! I am quite comfortable with my sexuality thank you very much. Also with my vegetarianism. People seem to think I'm much more unstable than I really am. Crazies all of you! Right, so I actually have a point today. What was it? Ah yes. So when you no longer need a certain type of person do you break off a friendship? I don't know that I like the idea of friends being there simply because they fulfill a need. I guess I see it from the opposite direction. For me friendship starts out as a connection through common experience, which becomes an emotional bond. As far as needs go, I think of friends as the people who you hope will help in whatever way they can when you are in need. In terms of friendships developing too quickly, I think it is important to examine what the common connections are between two people and how they interact with one another before they make emotional commitments to one another. This is admittedly very difficult to do as it requires a personal removal from reality, but in many cases it would probably save a lot of... shall we say... unpleasantness?