February 18, 2004

Starving


My brother once said that he couldn't imagine ever being full again if he became a vegetarian. My state of constant hunger over the past three days has led me to believe that my two plus years of herbivorousness have finally caught up with me. Possible solutions: 1)Eat a lot; 2)Stop being a vegetarian; 3)Practice some mind-over-matter meditation and transcend my hunger. Problems with proposed solutions: 1)I am eating a lot. I will probably run out of money with which to buy food before I run out of hunger; 2)I've tried that one. The transition back to the world of meat is too morally and physically painful. Plus it would make my parents happy; 3)Tried that too. No I'm lying. But I'm convinced it wouldn't work because my deep thoughts would be interrupted by my stomachs deep growls.